Now that we have learned how to upload, approve, and revise a document we will cover how to retire a document that is outdated or no longer needed. We will retire the first document we uploaded into DocControl. You must have a User or Administrator account type to request the retirement of a document. Follow the steps below to retire a document.
- Click on My Starting Projectfrom the document tree
- Locate and select the document you want to retire.
- Click on ‘Request Retirement’ from the document properties bar
- You will be asked to specify the retirement reason.
- Click ‘Request Retirement’ to confirm the request.
A retirement request will be sent to both the approvers we assigned. They must review and approve this request before the document is retired. If a document is retired it will no longer be accessible from the dashboard. Only administrators can access retired documents through the ‘Document Archive’ or ‘Retired Documents’ report. A retired document is no longer part of the document group. If the document approvers reject the retirement request, the document will still be accessible from the dashboard.